RISON - While rain and storms hampered nearly all four days of the spring run of the Great South Arkansas Junk Hunt last week, many found success. But for those who didn’t, the organizers have extended the hunt. Jennifer Via announced Saturday she and the others who assist with planning the event will be extending the hunt through next weekend, April 13.“The great thing about this Great South Arkansas Junk Hunt is, with the expanded route, there were parts of the route not impacted as strongly by the storms,” she said. “But for many along the route, they were forced to cancel sales, move them indoors, etc.”Via said they had a lot of requests to extend the hunt to give sellers another chance to get rid of their junk, and people to get out and hunt in nicer weather.The 'Great South Arkansas Junk Hunt (Sales Group)' will remain open through April 13 for people to post sales if they want to keep selling.Sharon Gray with the Pioneer Village said vendor hub in Rison will not be open for the extended weekend as the Village will be prepping for its Pioneer Crafts Festival the following weekend.Gray said despite the weather last week (even some flooding on Saturday), the Village had a decent turnout.“We had vendors come from Little Rock and Hot Springs that were looking for an indoor location to sell their items," she said.Via noted that because the extension was unplanned, vendor hubs like the Pioneer Village may not be open for the additional dates. "That is the discretion of each host to decide," she said, encouraging people to monitor the Facebook Group for more details.Douglas Boultinghouse, who assists Via with the hunt, cautioned people to pay attention to posts in the group. "If you're out shopping, please be mindful of the dates posts are made in the Sales Group. The Facebook algorithm may show you posts from sales that are not carrying through to the next weekend," he said.When planning e...